This explosive Los Angeles Times cover story led to reports in other outlets across the country, and around the world. Here is a round-up of that coverage:
- The Washington Post’s “Daily 202”: A nurse raced to treat a “code blue” patient without an N95 mask. Now she’s dead.
- Toronto Sun. L.A. nurse succumbs to COVID-19 after saving patient’s life without PPE.
- The Sun (UK). HERO LOST Nurse who rushed into room to save coronavirus patient WITHOUT her mask dies just days later.
- The Daily Mail (UK). Hero nurse, 61, dies of coronavirus 14 days after treating a ‘code blue’ patient with the disease without wearing a N95 mask because of shortages.
- Yahoo News Australia. The ultimate sacrifice’: Nurse dies after rushing to save coronavirus patient’s life.
- Telemundo. “No quiero morir”. Una enfermera fallece tras tratar a un paciente con COVID-19 sin protección adecuada.
- Ilta Sanomat (Finland). Celia rushed to help the coronary patient even though she lacked protective equipment – the nurse’s heart stopped 14 days later.