Dear 121RN Members:
I want to make sure you’re getting all the latest information on everything you need to know about resources for RNs and Healthcare Professionals, as well as updates on what your Union is doing to support you as you support your communities.
- Click here for updates on what to do if you can’t work. Unemployment Insurance is temporarily raised by $600 per week as a way to help families through this healthcare and economic emergency. SEIU International played a large role in pushing the federal government to enact this increase.
- We continue to push on the national level for much more support for healthcare workers and our communities. Click here for SEIU President Mary Kay Henry’s letter to Congress.
- Click here for a new Hotels for Healthcare Workers program. The Governor’s Office of Emergency Services introduces this program offering no cost or discounted rates for healthcare workers exposed to or who test positive for COVID-19.
- Governor Newsom says he wants to know where the PPE shortages are. SEIU members across the state are telling him! Click here if you haven’t yet participated in the statewide PPE survey.
- There’s an outpouring of love for frontline healthcare providers right now. Check out this list of freebies just for you!
- Many of you have had lunch delivered to your hospital recently. Our Political Department has been working overtime to connect elected officials with their local hospital. Many of these leaders have also delivered urgently needed PPE. We won’t stop looking for PPE, trying to fill the gap that your employers have not done nearly enough to fill.
- Thank you to all the 121RN members who have boldly spoken out about the crisis in your hospitals. Click here to see all the press coverage your brave voices have generated.
- If you’ve visited our website lately, you might have noticed we’ve made it easier to find our COVID-19 information.
Executive Director, SEIU Local 121RN